The PH / Acid-Alkaline Balance Diet: It’s Easier Than You Think By Dilkash Beauty Tips

The PH / Acid-Alkaline Balance Diet: It’s Easier Than You Think!

Acid-Alkaline Balance Diet: It’s Easier Than You Think!


Adapting a PH balanced lifestyle can seem daunting at first but there are small, simple changes that can kick-start the journey to a new you.
The decision to commit to a PH balanced diet can be a particularly daunting one. In my personal experience, the initial reading of Dr. Robert Young’s book, The PH Miracle could easily have put me off entirely, such as the level of commitment and severity of dietary change required to meet Dr. Young’s recommendations.
 I am glad, however, that I chose to not simply close the book and carry on eating as I had previously but instead decided to view the extreme processes identified in the plan as merely one end of a spectrum of eating, with my current diet sitting quite happily at the opposite end.
That first action, of identifying a strict PH balance as simply a guide, had the desired effect of opening my mind to the possibilities in between; I was able to find a multitude of areas in my diet that I could adjust without feeling that I was ‘missing out,’ to a large extent. By reducing the changes that would be required to relatively minor things, the feeling of being overwhelmed by an entirely new eating structure disappeared.

One Small Step…

Any journey begins with a single step and this particular voyage to a healthier lifestyle is no different. My first action – and one I would recommend for anyone intending to follow this diet – was to find a list detailing the acidity of different foods. I personally recommend ‘The Acid Alkaline Food Guide: A Quick Reference to Foods and Their PH Levels’, by Susan Brown and Larry Trivieri (2007). The book, while optimized for the US market, has been invaluable in helping me identify areas in which I can change my eating to maintain a more balanced PH level.


The PH / Acid-Alkaline Balance Diet: It’s Easier Than You Think By Dilkash Beauty Tips


The guide lists food types and with the use of a simple 6-stage chart, identifies the acidity level of the food between ‘highly acidic’ and ‘highly alkaline’. By using this guide, I am able at a glance to identify which foods would compliment each other well to achieve the fabled 70:30 alkaline-acid balance.
The next stage in the adoption process is making minor changes that make big differences. As an example, iodized table salt has a high acidity level, yet rock (or sea) salt has a high alkalinity; this was the first change that I made to my diet and, although only a tiny adjustment, it led to me also starting to check for low salt levels in food that I was buying and, where at all possible, purchasing foods containing sea salt as opposed to regular salt.

Don’t Worry About Complex Recipes – Just Make Your Own.

Most PH balancing guides seem to recommend that meat is cut from your diet entirely; this is another factor that I wasn’t particularly keen on adopting… so I didn’t! Instead, I achieve my 70:30 alkaline-acid balance by roasting chicken (lower acidity than fried chicken and red meat in general) and accompanying it with plenty of alkaline vegetables, like steamed broccoli, carrots, and cabbage.
I don’t go without gravy either, simply using no-salt versions and seasoning it myself with rock salt. Horseradish sauce is highly alkaline and baked or dry-roasted potatoes have a medium alkalinity; as if by magic, a full roast dinner appears before your very eyes, and all with a balanced PH.
This is a small example of the kind of PH balanced meal that can be produced with little change to your regular eating just by studying the PH food list and planning your meal in advance; there really is no more to it than that. It’s not so daunting after all, is it?

The Benefits of a PH Balanced Diet.

Dilkash Beauty Tips


There are numerous benefits to be gained from adapting your body to a PH balanced state including but not limited to:
An increase in energy levels.
Reduced sweat and body out-dour.
A reduction in nasal congestion and excessive mucus production.
Increased mental focus.
General body conditioning.
Resistance to illness and infection (including headaches, colds, and flu, anxiety, nervousness and irritability).

Post a Comment

2 Comments